[VHFcontesting] Dayton get-together: VHF/UHF/microwave/weak signal

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Sat Apr 11 15:47:38 EDT 2015

Hello to everyone....In the past, there have been two VHF events worth
attending at Dayton.

The first was the VHF BBQ, usually hosted by Dick-K5AND, which was held
at a BBQ joint called Company 7, as I recall.  Everyone paid for their
own meal, so Dick was not out a bunch of money. This was a gathering of
20-25 of the well known troops.  This event probably could be put
together at the last minute, IF someone who was familiar with the area
could find a place to go.  We could eat there and have some fellowship
with other VHF ops.

I always enjoyed the VHF BBQ on Thursday night.  IF someone could step
up here and find a place for us to go, that would be great.  Then all we
would need to do is to advertise the event a bit and let things roll on
from there.

The second was the VHF banquet which had over 100 ops attend. Recreating
this one at the last minute is probably not possible.

Will someone step up and "organize" a Thursday night get-together for
the VHF ops?

73 Marshall K5QE