[VHFcontesting] K1DY/R results 2M sprint

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:25:47 EDT 2015

Hi Ron and all,

well, thanks to the few who pointed their antennas up to the NE last night. I operated the Rover from FN55 and FN54. Got a late start getting to the Dexter cemetery which I found is locked up until May 1. I set up just outside the gate with a reasonable shot to the SW thru some trees. Worked 6 Q's in 4 grids. Best DX FN31. Left there around 8:45 and down to FN54 where I worked 4 Q's in 2 grids, best DX again being FN31. Did hear a LOT of good DX but couldn't raise them. N3RN in FN11 was loud on CW, WB2RVX right at the noise level from FM29. At the end heard W1AIM in FN34 ragchewing with VE2JWH in FN35- Chip was Q5 off the back-ish of his antenna but just couldn't break the QSO. Jimmy was weak but readable at times.  Chip went on to work W1GHZ also in FN34 who I also heard, but no luck.. Getting stations in VT to point their antennas EAST is always a challenge.

anyway, I don't know what my final score was.. not much, but I had fun and looking forward to 222 next Tuesday..

bill, K1DY/R in Maine