[VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT100D problem on 6m

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:54:15 EST 2015

I received a Yaesu FT100D today from ebay, and when I hook up my 6 meter
yagi to it and transmit, it is showing an abnormally high SWR and the HI
SWR icon comes on. My 6m yagi has a flat SWR on 50.125, and I verified it
with my Icom 706 using the same feedline, etc.

I have not seen this problem in a FT100D before. It appears to be ok on
other bands.  It is not going into self oscillation on 6m, as when I key
the rig on SSB it is showing no power output (as it should) until I speak
into it.

I could use any feedback or suggestions.

73 John AF5CC