[VHFcontesting] GPS Receivers and grid squares

Dave Olean k1whs at metrocast.net
Wed Feb 18 12:48:32 EST 2015

I went looking for a hand held GPS at the sort of local Cabella's store, and could not find one with grid squares as a feature. I couldn't even find a store employee who ever heard of them. The GPS units on display had no batteries as a rule. It was very difficult between clueless store people and no batteries. Then I had to learn about the menu structure on top of that. The store people were pretty slow in that department as well. After almost an hour, I gave up.
    Does anyone have a current GPS unit that does Maidenhead locators?

Dave K1WHS