[VHFcontesting] GPS Receivers and grid squares

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:36:42 EST 2015

My Garmin eTrex hikers' GPS, although not the biggest, bestest with all the
bells and whistles, does display "trail" lines of where you've been. It
doesn't show a map or anything but it does have a line of your route. It
does help to keep you from getting lost in that you can just re-trace the
route you came on, or get back to the route you came on by intersecting it
and then following the same route back to your starting point. It's kept me
from getting lost quite a few times!

And it's pretty accurate on grid lines. I once drove down a road 500 feet
into the next grid square according to it.

73, Zack W9SZ