[VHFcontesting] GPS Receivers and grid squares

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Thu Feb 19 17:53:19 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Dave Olean <k1whs at metrocast.net> wrote:

I do not have a smart phone, and one of my goals in life is to never
ever have a smart phone.

Mike wrote

I'll be 63 next Sunday and resisted a "smart phone" for the longest.

About 3 years ago I bought a Google Nexus 3 ordered a sim card from
straight talk (W-M) and regret not doing it sooner.  The phone is mine
and not mine and some carrier until I fulfill some stupid two year
contract.  I pay $45/mo, no contract and unlimited talk/text/data.
I'm not one of these who are driven to go buy the latest iwhatever and
I figure I should be able to get another year or two at least out of
it and see what's on the market then.