[VHFcontesting] Question to the group

Bill Junor junorwider at msn.com
Sun Feb 22 10:09:48 EST 2015

Keith.

What you say is true IF you believe that contesters in DM65, DM58 and other dark holes are in serious competition with the East Coast contesting hordes.  We are not and we will never be without some major changes in scoring.  Instead, we are competing regionally.  So, if I go to the trouble of building a 2.3GHz and up station in DM65 and make a few contacts, then I'd want my score to reflect that significant extra effort and expense over a regional station which just concentrates on 6, 2 and 70.

If we weighted contest scores by the inverse of the local amateur radio population density then we can have flat scoring for all bands but that's never going to happen.

Bill / AI5I