[VHFcontesting] General Contest rules on VHF

k2drh at frontiernet.net k2drh at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 2 18:18:35 EST 2015

Just so nobody falls into a trap ... in the absence of specific VHF guidance to the contrary the general rules for ALL contests would also still apply .. specifically:
3.14. In contests where spotting nets are permissible, spotting your own station or requesting another station to spot you is not permitted.
While the intent of the committee's new PROPOSED rules seems to be to allow everyone the ability to spot yourself and use spotting networks on VHF to facilitate Ms, EME and other modes ... from what I can gather of  what has been said, none of these VHF specific changes have apparently been officially adopted yet.
Might be totally wrong, but it sounds to me as if the recent rules changes tacked on to 2015 VHF contests due to an apparent PS&C afterthought may have inadvertently created some soon to be orphaned SO classes for VHF contests, since they will become moot if and when the ad hoc committee's rules change recommendations are implemented.  I sure hope this addition of an Unlimited category won't ultimately mess up the Ad Hoc committee's good intentions.
73 de Bob K2DRH