[VHFcontesting] K7XC/R QRV This Weekend - EM12/13/23/22 Grid Corner

Tim Marek via VHFcontesting vhfcontesting at contesting.com
Thu Jan 22 12:03:36 EST 2015

Saturday I will be doing a gentle 4 grid rover around the
nearby EM 12/13/23/22 Grid Corner.
I took the antenna rack from my old rover (Mazda B4000)
thats been laying around for over 10 or 15  years and with slight modifications installed in ito the from of the bed of my
aging 1990 Ford Ranger. It will hold 2 masts of antennasgoing down the road, with the yagi's on the Drivers side &the loop on the passenger side with a coax switch on 2M
 to switch between them.
6M - 100W and KQ loop at 12'
2M - 50W and KQ Loop at 10' or a 4 ele yagi at 12'
432 - 35W and 8 ele yagi at 10' This isn't my first rodeo, just the first time back as a ROVER"during a contest" in quite a few years.
I'll start the event in EM13, then on to EM23, EM22, and endingup back in my home grid in EM12. Having never been to thesegrids before I'll just do it old school and improvise on the way,trusting my gut as to where to stop or not.

See you on the air!
73s de Tim - K7XC - EM12ur... sk

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler…Albert Einstein