[VHFcontesting] FT-847 CAT/Antenna Tuner Question

Chet S chetsubaccount at snet.net
Wed Jan 28 13:52:31 EST 2015

Pete,

I believe the 897 has a similar issue. Someone wrote a QST article many
years ago about tapping into the front panel mic connector to get CAT when
the back connector is set for use by the tuner, but I cannot find it
anymore. Instead of implementing that idea I just used an external LDG tuner
that did not need to be controlled by the radio.

I had pulled that article from the QST archives, so try searching there or
ask on the 897 Yahoo group, and there may be an 847 group too.

73
Chet, N8RA