[VHFcontesting] Request for on air check of 432 station

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 20:12:38 EDT 2015

After a good two days effort over this past weekend, I am happy to report that I now have my Rohn 8 foot tri-pod mounted to the second story of our tri level.
additionally, this included running two 100 foot runs of 9913 equivalent feedline and one HD rotor wire from the tri-pod down an interior wall to the radio room in the lowest level.

The 21 element M2 432 beam is now perched atop a 6 foot pipe above the rotor which puts it between 34-40 feet AGL. three feet below that , is a temporary Cushcraft 4 element 220 beam. 3 feet below that , I want to put my Cushcraft 13B2.
Ground height above sea level here is 1400 feet which is a plus.
While I realize this will not be a 'big gun" station by any means, moving 2 meters to the house from the 40 foot Rohn 35 which is 200 feet from the house should help a bunch re feedline loss. HF and the A50-5 will remain on the tower.
I knew that the 250 foot runs of 9913 out to the tower would be prohibitive on 220/432.

Elevation wise, the way the tower and house are situated on our lot, the AGL difference between tower mounting vs the house is less than 5 feet.
Some may ask why the tower is not higher. Proximity to the very nearby university airport with it's runway that goes pretty much over the QTH precludes going any higher.

All that being said, is there anyone near to EM79 who would care to fire up their 432 station for a check?
Sadly, I am out of town during the lions share of the upcoming CQ VHF contest, so I may not be on then at all.  :0(

Don  N8ECH