[VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest 902 mhz help

Jarred Jackson jarred.jackson at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:09:51 EDT 2015

For what its worth, my TK-981 is programmed for 927.5 MHz. As you may know, they dont hear well below 925 MHz unless the filters are changed. This is primarily used for mobile to mobile contacts as most of the other users in the area use 902 or 903 MHz (I dont think any standard transverters operate much higher). So depending on activity level, you may need to setup specific skeds for this frequency or have a local rover willing to carry it. In our area, there are two stations with Alinco DJ-G29T HTs that can operate on the high end or low end of the band on FM. Great little radios when paired with the right antenna.
73 and Good Luck,
KF2MR/R  Western NY (FN13)