[VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 19:35:55 EDT 2015

Chuck - In the General Rules for all ARRL Contests:

“3.2. All callsigns and exchange information must be sent, received, acknowledged and logged correctly by each station for a complete QSO."

If you don’t log KK6MC/r when you work KK6MC/r you did not log the correct call. If you log KK6MC when you have actually worked KK6MC/r, you have logged the incorrect call. KK6MC/r and KK6MC are two different calls. You stand the risk of the log checkers declaring the QSO void or nil because you did not copy the correct call as indicated by your log entry. You violated General Rule 3.2.

It is all pretty clear if you read all the rules. May be not obvious, but clear.

Granted, it is confusing having the rules for VHF contests in 3 different places, and that should be corrected, but it is stated in all of the rules that the others also apply and you should read all of them. Just read all the rules.

I am not sure what the issue is in logging KK6MC/r instead of KK6MC. If it is a problem, let the ARRL know why it is a problem. If it is not a problem, do it.

Get on. Work us. Log us. Submit your log. Easy. - Duffey KK6MC/r