[VHFcontesting] Roving in one grid ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Jun 16 13:57:14 EDT 2015

Sorry hit send by mistake on my iPhone.   (I miss my blackberry.)

To recap I don't really grasp the intent of preventing rovers from roving from one grid and entering contests if they choose to do so ?
 There are many nice spots in CN89 for example that would be worth visiting during a contest but I can understand why people may not want the hassle of having to visit other grids.

Visiting productive sites in adjacent grids that can be driven to from the populated portions of cn89 while staying in Canada and or avoiding ferry travel is an effort in my experience.   Not everyone is going to want to do this.  I suspect there are other locations with similar issues.

With antenna restrictions and RFI / EMI concerns I suspect more operators are looking to operate away from their homes.

Allowing rovers to rove in one grid might facilitate this.

Just my .02 worth

Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone