[VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests

Darryl Holman djholman at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 16 14:20:28 EDT 2015

There are lots of scenarios where a person might want to be a one-grid
rover:

1.  Anyone who must drive somewhere during the contest.  For example,
someone who has to quit contesting from home and must go to work (same
grid) during the contest.   This person could enter a second log as /R.
2.  A person doing Summits on the Air activations during the contest.
They might do multiple summits but in the same grid.
3.  Bicycle mobile--and too far away from a grid boundary to activate
two grids
4.  Equine mobile.
5.  Marine mobile in a lake that doesn't cross grids.
6.  Pedestrian mobile, skiing mobile, snowmobile mobile, jogging mobile,
roller-blade mobile, etc.  People like to combine their other passions
with ham radio.  Let 'em!

A person doing mobile in a car and only activating one grid is likely
not very seriously contesting, but if it adds to the activity (without
adding a new category), it seems like a positive change.

Darryl
ww7d