[VHFcontesting] Roving in one grid ?

Darryl Holman djholman at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 16 14:30:52 EDT 2015

If a person is truly stationary in one grid they can enter in almost any
category except rover.

If a vehicle travels more than 500 meters they are no longer valid for
any category except rover (General rules for all ARRL contests:
http://www.arrl.org/general-rules-for-all-arrl-contests, "All
transmitters and receivers must be located within a 500-meter diameter
circle, excluding antennas").

But as a rover, they must activate at least two grids (General Rules for
all ARRL Contest Above 50 MHz:
http://www.arrl.org/general-rules-for-arrl-contests-above-50-mhz, " A
rover consists of no more than two operators that moves among two or
more grid squares during the course of a contest").

Best,
   Darryl
   ww7d