[VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Jun 16 14:55:46 EDT 2015

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:51:07 -0400
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow at gmail.com>
To: peter h <n6ze at aol.com>
Cc: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests

I don't think it is the intention of the rules to exclude mobiles. Looking
at the rules to see whare a mobile can fit, I see no restriction as to why
a mobile cannot simply enter as single operator. In the VHF rules, only
portable stations are restricted from moving. In the general rules,
everything must be contained within a 500 ft circle. In a mobile it is --
its all in one car. Did I miss something?

Hi, I figured the intent of the rule was to prevent me from operating outside of the 500 ft circle within a single grid, unless I chose to operated as a rover. In my case it eventually helped prompt me to actually rove to other grids (which is probably what the authour of the rules had in mind ??) For some time though it prompted to operate from home vs gamble that my chosen portable location in my home grid was going to be productive. In years gone by I vaguely recall working from more than one location in a grid and not entering a log in the contest. I figured nothing stopped me from handing out contacts as a non contest participant (: