[VHFcontesting] Cushcraft A270-10 center mount?:

John Geiger af5cc2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:31:25 EST 2015

I have a Cushcraft A270-10S dualband VHF/UHF yagi, and it uses a rear mount
as it comes from the factory.  It would really work better for me if I
center mounted it instead.  I am running it horizontally polarized, so the
mast material won't matter.  Has anyone tried this?  If so, does it work
ok?  I called Cushcraft Tech Support about this and their tech thought that
it should work, but he didn't inspire a huge amount of confidence in me.

73 John AF5CC