[VHFcontesting] The ARRL EME Contest--Second Leg

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Thu Nov 26 20:17:42 EST 2015

Hello to everyone playing in the contest.  As you probably know, I was
out of the country at Saint Martin / Sint Maarten for the first leg of
the contest.  I was a team member with Rene'-PE1L, Jurgen-PE1WLT, and
Johan-PA3FPQ as we activated two DXCCs.  So I did not participate in the
first leg of the contest.

I will be available for most of the second leg of the contest as follows:

First Priority    222 EME.  I want to work as many 222 EME contacts as
possible.  Especially, if you are a new state for me on the WAS list.  I
will be watching the chat.n5tm.com 222 chat page as much as I can.  I
will also monitor the N0UK EME-1 page.  I will operate at 222.085MHz
Second Sequence.  The antenna here is 8 x 222XP40s with 1KW.

Second Priority    432 EME.  I want to work as many new states for WAS
as I can. I will monitor the N0UK EME-1 page. I operate at 432.080MHz
Second Sequence.  The antenna here is 16 x 28el with 600W.

Third Priority    2M EME.  I will work stations on 2M when I am not
doing 222 or 432. I will monitor the N0UK EME-1 page.  I operate 2M at
144.142MHz Second Sequence.  The antenna here is 8 x 18el with 1KW.

Concerning 222:  I want to emphasize that the new 222 station is capable
of working single yagi stations with no great difficulty.  You can rig
up something on a simple pole mount with ropes to steer OR you can use
your high gain tropo antenna on your moonrise or moonset.  I know that I
can work a lot of stations that way if you will just give it a try.

My moonrise is 0130Z Saturday = 7:30PM CST on Friday night. That means
that stations to the west of me should be able to work me on their
rising moon for the next 2+ hours(depending on where you are located).
My moonrise on Sunday is 0230Z = 8:30PM CST.  Again, for stations to the
west, just wait for your moonrise and call me.  You should get 30-45 min
of run time....plenty of time for a QSO.

My moonset is 1500Z = 9AM CST on Saturday morning.  Stations to the east
of me can start trying 30-45 min before your moonset and can run til
your moonset.  On Sunday morning, my moonset is 1600Z = 10:00AM CST.  So
wait until 30-45 min before your moonset and call me.

I will not be able to pull two "all nighters" in a row.  I am just too
old for that now.....OH to be 25 again!!! I am planning to operate as
much as I can, but some sleeping at night will be necessary. IF it is
time for a 222 sched on your moonrise or moonset, and I do not seem to
be answering on the EME-1 page or the 222 chat page, just call me at
409-787-3831 and wake me up.  We cannot exchange any contact details in
the chat rooms or on the phone, but we can be sure that I am awake and
on sched.

GL to everyone in the last leg of the contest.

73 Marshall K5QE
Shack phone is 409-787-3831