[VHFcontesting] VE7AFZ/R plans for the Sept VHF contest

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Sep 2 12:28:34 EDT 2015

Hi.   I expect to spend Saturday Sept 12 in CO80JA (50.0181N  123.2036W at approx 3800 ~ 3900 feet elevation.)   I plan to be there from the start of the contest until shortly before night fall.    My station plans are:

50 Mhz  375 watts and 3 elements
144 Mhz  300 watts and 9 elements
222 Mhz 125 watts and 10 elements
432 Mhz 100 watts and 21 elements

I expect to operate on the usual SSB calling frequencies but will go up 20 Khz if there is qrm or congestion.  I will be mostly beaming south into the Pacific North West and beyond.

I'll take some 902/927 FM and 1296 SSB/CW/FM gear with me but I don't expect much on those bands in CO80.

On Sunday I expect to setup at one of the mountains to the north of Vancouver BC (probably Cyprus lookout) in CN89 and run 144 thru 1296 with a more modest setup from appox 1500 UTC thru 1700UTC then operate from CN99BF (mount woodside) from approx 2100UTC until shortly before nightfall.   I should be setup on 50 Mhz thru 432 Mhz in CN99BF.

Hope to work some of you and good luck in the contest.

73's

Mark S

VE7AFZ