[VHFcontesting] ARRL Sept 2015 Contest

George Sintchak wa2vnv at optonline.net
Sun Sep 13 23:59:43 EDT 2015

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: WA2VNV
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN30kv
Operating Time (hrs): 20

    6:   80    28
    2:   72    21
  222:   34    16
  432:   43    17
  903:   11     8
  1.2:   18     9
-------------------
Total:  258    99  Total Score = 38,907

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

A good contest run. I still didn't beat my SOLP 2007 September score of 47k but
this time there was only a small Es 6 meter opening Saturday evening to Florida
and the South. Conditions were average to flat with no enhanced tropo like there
was several days ago - seems to never happen in a contest. The propagation gods
always tease us right before a contest event with some great openings. I got to
use the chat page a little, but need to add a 2nd display for that as the
logging page gets too confusing with all the windows stacked up. Tnx to the
rovers who got out there on the road. 73's and see you in January contest from
my Florida winter location.