[VHFcontesting] 2 Meter Sprint

W3cmp at aol.com W3cmp at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 19:24:33 EDT 2016

Hello everyone:

     It was a lot of fun getting back on 2 meters for  the first time in
close to a year.  I had to reacquaint myself with the  TS-590 and of its bells
and whistles.  Transverter worked as it should, as  did Lunar Link.  Keyer
paddle needed contacts wiped with paper and  thumbscrews tightened (sorry
for my poor cw), but once I got paddle  adjusted everything worked well.
It's been so long I forgot a lot of  names I should have had on the tip of my
tongue.
     I was on for about 3 1/2 hours while working  on UKSMG Six News
magazine column on computer.  Worked 54  contacts in 23 grids.  Best was K9MRI to
the west, NG4C and N4EME to the  south, VA3ELE/R to the northwest, and K1HC
to the northeast.  Wish there  were more stations on.

73,  Chris Patterson W3CMP