[VHFcontesting] 1296 help sought

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Aug 8 07:41:01 EDT 2016

I am venturing into new territory and could really use some help.

To those in the northeast, particularly New England: What is the
typical maximum distance you can work on 1296 during a contest,
assuming no major tropo event? How much power do you have at the
antenna? How much antenna gain? Is this from a hill/mountain, or a
typical less-than-ideal home QTH?

Hopefully your answers will help guide me in making decisions for my
station. 1296 is going to be a big challenge from way up here and on
a budget. I can't afford to make mistakes so I need to get some idea
what my power/gain target should be.

Thanks,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf