[VHFcontesting] Transverter for 446 FM

Bill Rogers - K2TER k2ter at rochester.rr.com
Fri Dec 23 07:45:31 EST 2016

Season's Greeting!

I am completing integration of ANAN-10's SDR as IF rigs for my rover. I have to say I am quite happy with the simplified and integrated operating experience for contesting this arrangement provides for our two operator station with all transverters from 144-10G. So much so that I have added provision to run FM with separate transverters that are available through the same interface.

The sticking point for me at the moment is 446 FM. I tried to re-crystal a DEM transverter to give me 446 at 30 MHz but when I hooked it up to the SDR I found there was a spur right on 30 - unusable. I could continue down that path with another rock but before I do I figured I'd ask the question here.

Does anyone have suggestion/experience on how to get 446.000 from a 70cm transverter?  I do have the option to go 42 MHz on the IF, if the transverter filters would allow.

Thanks and 73,
Bill
K2TER