[VHFcontesting] Yagis on masts

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:09:58 EST 2016

We use 10' sections of EMT pipe on drive over mounts. It's not a super tall
antenna, but we can get the car on top of a mountain and it is plenty high
enough. I don't know how it would hold up in serious wind. We've considered
nesting a smaller piece in for a taller mast but we would then have to guy
and that will significantly add to set up and take down time.

The pipe gets the antennas over the roof of the car, which is sufficient
for our purposes. We're running smaller yagis, 6 or 8' long depending with
a pvc moxon for 6m.

Sean Waite, WA1TE (K1SIG/R)