[VHFcontesting] Digital modes

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Fri Feb 26 15:53:50 EST 2016

222 M/S FSK441 QSO's are made during the contests but it's a trade-off in
time vs value of the mult.  There are 2 or 3 people I would try with
because I know their station capabilities, but it's still a pretty big
investment in time.

I have worked guys on JT65 terrestrial on 222 & 432 during contests (as
well as 2M).  Out in the west where there is no tropo to speak of, that
mode is handy for those 300-400 miles QSO's that would otherwise happen on
SSB or CW in tropo-prone areas.

I would urge all serious contesters to have WSJT capability and be
proactive in using it !

Jay W9RM
DM58 CO

Keith J Morehouse