[VHFcontesting] K8GP/R Potential Rove spots?

Grid Pirates Grid.Pirates at k8gp.net
Thu Jan 7 10:55:21 EST 2016

Hi All,
  Terry and I (Andy/K1RA) would like to start further north than usual in
the upcoming ARRL Jan VHF SS 2016 contest.  I have some limited exposure to
some sites John/W1RT and I have used in years past, but I'm curious about
the following sites found on the N2MH rover site.  Has anyone been to these
lately or know of any access issues?

FN21xh/FN31ah Bear Mtn NY (Perkins Memorial Observatory)

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.3094941,-74.0051079,15z/data=!5m1!1e4

FN30bx Rockleigh NJ (State Line Lookout / Palisades Interstate Park)

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.988064,-73.9071017,17z/data=!5m1!1e4

FN20vt West Orange NJ (Eagle Rock)

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8033971,-74.2381416,16z/data=!5m1!1e4

John and I had been to the last site years ago, but looking at the
satellite maps, it looks different.  I thought there was a multi-row
parking lot, but now looks like a circle with parking around the edges.

Looking for comments or suggestions for our Saturday rover.  Would like to
minimize driving time and optimize operating and cover 4 grids if
possible.  It looks like 50-55 mins between the each of the above 3 sites.
We should be active 50MHz-10GHz.  SO looking for high locations, or those
with minimal blockage to allow for microwave QSOs.  More to follow as time
gets near.

73

andyz - K1RA @ K8GP/R