[VHFcontesting] IC9100?

WM3M wm3m at live.com
Sun Jan 31 13:49:21 EST 2016

Peter,
I owned my IC-9100 for a couple years, sold my IC-910H to buy it.  Both
great rigs, I like the 9100 better, more features, etc.  Biggest advantage I
see with the 9100 over other rigs, like the FT-991 that I also have, is the
satellite capability.  Comparing the 9100 to the 991 on 2 meters and 70 cm,
they are similar in receive, 9100 does 100 watts on 2 meters.  The HF part
of the 9100 is basically an IC-7410.  Also you can add 1296 to the 9100.
For weak signal digital the USB sound card connection is very good, a few dB
better than other external sound cards I have tried.  It works very well on
all digital modes, all K1JT modes, PSK, etc.  Plus you can add DSTAR to the
9100.
Overall I like it much better than the older 910H.  Good luck, hope this
helps some?  73
Emory  WM3M