[VHFcontesting] K0BAK/R rove in CQ WW VHF

Pete K0BAK rxr978-vhf at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 22:33:19 EDT 2016

K0BAK/R will be roving in the CQ WW VHF contest this weekend in northeast PA, Binghamton NY, and the lower Hudson River valley. I will be on APRS.
Start at Camelback Mountain FN21hb: 6m 5-element beam and 900w; 2m 7-element beam and 350w. Stay for approximately 3 hours.
Switch to 6m Moxon 200w, keep same 2m setup. Proceed to grid intersection at Hazleton PA, touching FN11, FN10, FN20. Overnight in Hazleton.
Depending on propagation and schedule, may operate Sunday morning with larger antenna and amp at FN20ax.
Proceed to Binghamton NY to hit FN22 and FN12. Then long drive to summit at Bear Mountain State Park for FN31 and maybe FN21.
End of contest hopefully will be at FN30.
See map, but times are advisory, I do not keep a strict schedule.July 2016 VHF rove K0BAK/R

|    |
July 2016 VHF rove K0BAK/R
 Locations planned for rover K0BAK/R for the July 2016 CQ WW VHF contest.  |   |

 Good luck to all.
-- Pete K0BAK