[VHFcontesting] 6Y Jamaica Status

Jim Worsham w4kxy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 28 17:23:09 EDT 2016

We are on 2M EME!  Got the 2M EME station setup yesterday and worked 49 stations last night.  When the moon is up here we will be on.  Call sign is 6Y5AZ and we will be on 144.134.  As far as we can tell no one has ever operated EME from Jamaica so this is your big chance.

We have been on 6M for the past couple of days and I hate to say it but 2M EME is ahead of us for contacts.  Conditions have not been good and we have managed only  a couple of dozen contacts.  We have been spotted in Europe a couple of times but no two way contacts yet.  Call sign is 6Y6M and we will be running on 50.105 most times but we will call CQ on 50.125 on occasion when beaming towards the US.  Yeah, I know 50.110 is the DX calling frequency but everyone's VFO seems to be stuck on 50.125 in the US.

We also have an HF station on 17 and 30 meters.  He has 175 contacts so far.  The call sign is 6Y7R.  Jamaica is rare on those bands so give him a call if you have those bands.

That's it for now.

73
Jim, 6Y4KX aka W4KXY

Sent from my iPad