[VHFcontesting] From N6NB - A roving for seniors, not just beginners

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 01:31:48 EST 2016

Zack,

The answer is in the body of the e-mail from N6NB:

"when W6TE roved alongside two stations using the car-seat packages,
they worked the same distant stations on the same bands as W6TE did".

W6TE finished #3 with a conventional rover (with full-size external
antennas) and the other two stations finished #4 & #5 (with the compact
car-seat stations).

Nobody is claiming these compact stations are as good as a conventional
rover, but are certainly better than nothing and appear to be capable of
"real" (non-local) QSOs.

73, Dave/K8CC