[VHFcontesting] MS/EME Filters

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:50:21 EST 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to make some contacts via meteor scatter and/or EME at the Sept
VHF+ contest. I have an IC746 and am looking into buying some filters for
it. The 500Hz and 250Hz CW filters seem like they might be nice for the
digital modes as well, but I'm having difficulty figuring out if they are
going to be too tight. The FSK441 docs say it had a detection bandwidth of
1750Hz, which is much wider than the narrow CW filters. Do people just use
the wider 2.8kHz or 1.9kHz SSB filters when running these modes? I haven't
done a lot with any of the WSJT modes yet so I'm still learning.

Thanks,
Sean WA1TE