[VHFcontesting] Revisited UHF test

Herb Krumich wa2fgk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 14:06:30 EDT 2016

I just looked at the January 2016 QST. The 2015 UHF contest results were posted in this issue.
I looked at page 88 figure 3.  There was a tremendous drop off from year 1999 to 2000 for activity.
This brings me to a question
What year did QST stop listing everyone's call sign and their production?
It had to be right around that year. Perhaps a bit later.
The other thing I have harped on for many years, was the limited multi op category.
What a major mistake that was. Basically telling stations to shut their equipment down.
Perhaps far to many people wanted a certificate that was worth absolutely nothing.
 And the pressure was to great for the ARRL to ignore.
Another major drop off in activity was from 2009 to 2011.
Just pondering in the Pocono's of Pa
Herb K2LNS