[VHFcontesting] 222 Beacons near Wash DC

Steve (K1IIG) stephen.tripp at snet.net
Sat May 21 10:04:03 EDT 2016

Gents,

I guess there are 2 Steve's working on 222 beacons at the same time. I have 3 beacons on the air and the newest is on 222.060  listed with .25w which is now 5w to a wheel at 480' hmsl.
Here is my beacon list.

FN31NL
All at 480' HMSL

222.060   ~ 4w erp to a wheel
432.320   ~ 4w erp to a wheel
2304.324 ~30w erp to an Alford Slot

None are locked but should be stable and reasonable close to freq. When I am contesting they will be off.

RST reports appreciated.

73's
Steve
K1IIG

Steve,
I have two stacked 222 horizontal loops, I am at FM19kg, near Damascus, MD,
Demi 222/28 to KX3, seems to copy well, but no copy on any beacons.  There
are several FM repeaters I can hit.  If I hear any beacons I will let you
know.  Good luck 73
Emory
WM3M