[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706 HF/6m/2m all mode

John Geiger af5cc2 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:09:49 EDT 2016

Just in time for the summer 6m Es season and the June VHF contest I have
for sale an Icom 706 original in good condition. This is the model that
does 100 watts on HF and 6m, and 10 watts on 2m.  It has a built in keyer,
built in tone encoder for repeaters, dual VFOs, built in SWR meter, and
quite a few other features.  It works great, has some scratches on the
case, but nothing horrible.  The faceplate looks good.  Just ran it in the
CW WPX contest while on vacation with good results.  I am only selling it
because I picked up a rig that does UHF as well so I can get on the
satellites again.

It comes with a power cord, and an aftermarket handmic that works fine.  I
am asking $380 plus shipping for this, which is a great price. Look how
much peole are asking for Kenwood TS140s and Yaesu FT840s, and this rig
definitely beats them both by a wide margin.

I can take paypal/check/MO.  Feel free to check out my feedback on ebay, or
QTH.COM under my callsign.

73 John AF5CC