[VHFcontesting] Setting up new station

Randy Wing winger55552001 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 13:14:14 EDT 2016

Recommend publishing to as many local clubs as possible your frequencies and operating times and location.  it will increase your number of contacts.
Randy, N0LD

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Michael Murphy<michael at k5mbm.com> wrote:   Thank you all who responded.  You've all given me something to think about.

Following on some of the advice given, I am going to shoot for FM only
in the January contest.  I will not have moved to the new location yet
so it won't be optimum, but it will be a start.  All I really need to do
is get a 6 meter FM antenna up.  I already have a Comet CX-333 for 2,
1.25 and 70cm.  I am thinking of getting a Dominator 6M antenna from
Norwalk Electronics.  It will handle 1500 watts and is highly rated.

Right now my antennas are mounted on 20' poles attached to the eave of
the house.  I have 10 segments of Rohn 25g to put up at the new
location, but I am thinking of a temporary 30' setup with the 6M antenna
attached to the top.  Along with setting up the logging software, I
should be able to get it all done by the January contest.

As somebody said, this will give me experience in the process from
beginning to end and afterwards I can evaluate what needs to be improved.

Again Thanks,

Michael Murphy
K5MBM
EM20