[VHFcontesting] Setting up new station

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:04:37 EST 2016

John,
That's a pretty good idea. I was trying to think what I would tell a new
contester with only FM gear. As a primarily sideband station we run all
h-pol, and it doesn't make sense to change that on our end. Running your FM
beams at 45 degrees if that's all you got, if possible, is likely the best
of both worlds. Canting a vertical might work if they are broadside to the
cant as well, though you're likely to add too many other variables in that.

I thought I sent this email forever ago, and apparently it was just sitting
in my drafts. Oops.

Sean WA1TE

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM John Young via VHFcontesting <