[VHFcontesting] Setting up new station

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 18:48:13 EST 2016

Just wanted to be sure that the 45 degree idea and its potential big pitfall is fully understood. I might have even tried it many years ago ;)..

One thing I did do for a few years many years ago was to put an Alliance U-110 rotator on the antenna boom of a CC 3219. Was only about 15 seconds to switch polarities using that approach. Worked quite well. Since then have only had longer boom antennas with required bracing that didn't lend themselves to doing that anymore.

Duane
N9DG