[VHFcontesting] Loop Yagi theory

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Wed Oct 5 17:26:44 EDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Mark Spencer <mark at alignedsolutions.com> wrote:

> The next time I give a similar presentation it would be nice to point people to a web site that explains this in detail (:

Mike wrote

I don't know of any web-sites but I would merely explain that
especially at those frequencies the shape of the loop, no matter how
many sides or a complete circle is irrelevant as long as the LENGTH is
correct as well as the feed point.

I would suspect that the shape of delta loops and quads were as much
driven by physical space limitations as actual engineering.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

100 watts and a wire.