[VHFcontesting] Microwave Update 2016

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:42:36 EDT 2016

*Microwave Update 2016*

*October 13 -15*

*St. Louis, MO*

Microwave Update 2016 starts this coming Thursday.  The deadline for
registering for Lunches and the Banquet is Monday October 10th.  We need to
submit the food orders on Tuesday.  We will continue taking requests for
the Conference Registration.  IF you register this week please pay by
PayPal or bring a check or cash to the reservation desk.  We will accept
walk-ins at the conference.

There are still rooms at the Host Hotel which you can book via the
Microwave 2016 WEB site.

Here is a quick snap shot of what to expect at MUD 2016:

·        We are also fortunate to have Ward Silver and Steve Bible to speak
at the Friday and Saturday lunches.

·        Al Ward will be giving live 10 GHz EME demonstrations on Thursday
and Friday evenings.

·        Antenna Range on Friday Afternoon with Kent Britain

·        280 Page Proceedings

·        Noise Figure testing with Tom Holmes

·        Hospitality Room

·        Friday Evening Swap Meet

·        Saturday Banquet with guest speaker Richard Heuermann*, *NASA
Solar Ambassador

"Hubble Highlights: A Quarter Century of Discovery"

*Registration at: http://www.microwaveupdate.org/
<http://www.microwaveupdate.org/>*

There are still rooms available at the Holiday Inn – Airport West at the
special conference rate which includes a free breakfast buffet on Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday.  We have ran past the date that they were holding a
block of rooms for us so please book early as the rooms may be sold to
others.  Use the link from the “Hotel” tab on the MUD 2016 WEB site to get
the conference rate at the hotel http://www.microwaveupdate.org/

We look forward to seeing everyone in St. Louis

The Microwave Update 2016 Committee