[VHFcontesting] iOS Logging Apps for Rover

K2QO k2qo at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 08:07:36 EDT 2016

Thanks John. While my current desire is to log the back seat in the rover like a single op, and you'd think that would make logging easier, it is actually problem due to passing to other bands. My UBN/LCR while roving shows a number of wrong band entries. No surprise as I'm switching bands looking for passes while my rover partner and I are yelling at each other to work XX on band YY at freq ZZ while managing a pileup. It is easy to miss logging the correct band.

The perfect person to "fix" this is N3WG with his Piglet and HamLog but modifying an app that 6 guys might buy is not good business, unless he charges $400 per copy :-) He did have a Rover version out a while ago and I used it for a 222 sprint while roving but near the end of the contest I fat fingered the software and lost my log. He was nice enough to add a "do you really want to delete this log?" Message that fixed that issue.

Mark K2QO
FN03ra