[VHFcontesting] K1SIG/R Best Laid Plans FN33/FN32/FN42/FN41

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 23:51:20 EDT 2016

KG6CIH and I (WA1TE) will be roving as K1SIG/R. We will be operational on
6-70 + 23 sideband, with possible forays onto FM or maybe CW as needed (my
CW is terrible).

This is our first time out, so our plans are VERY soft, but the hope is
this:

2pm Saturday - Mount Equinox, VT FN33kd (we may setup down the peak to
avoid clobbering someone there full time)
6-7pm Saturday - Hogback Mountain, VT FN32ou. Parking lot on South side.
11am Sunday - Wachusett Mountain, MA FN42bl. Time is soft, may get there
earlier.
4pm Sunday - Colt State Park, RI FN41iq. Again, time is soft. We'll be
there until early evening.

We'll attempt to keep up to date on the ON4KST page. I also have the Rover
Status app that in theory will push to APRS. I have no idea if/how this
works, but I do see my updates going to twitter.com/wa1te. Hopefully that
means you'll see us there as well. It appears to post to the DX cluster as
well as aprs.fi. We'll be K1SIG/R in the cluster and maybe K1SIG-6 in aprs,
I'm not sure.

Wish us luck! If there's a glaring "what are you idiots doing" in our
plans, we'd love a heads up.

Thanks and good luck to all of the operators out there this weekend.

Sean WA1TE