[VHFcontesting] Yeasu G-2800DXA rotor issue

Jonesy W3DHJ W3DHJ at jonz.net
Wed Sep 21 10:35:45 EDT 2016

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Paul Rollinson wrote:

>I'm reaching out to all in the hopes I don't have to yank the rotor out
>of my tower.
>
>At the set-up for the VHF contest, I noticed the my G-2800DXA was a bit
>sluggish. Upon inspection the beam was way off the heading on the
>control box in the shack.
>
>Basically, the beam rotates fine but indicates incorrectly. I also
>can't tell is the error is linear.
>
>Can anyone shed some wisdom as to the issue?

Those syptoms sound exactly like to problem I had long ago with my
Yaesu G-450XL:

		http://w3dhj.net/yaesu_g-450xl.html

If it uses the same construction to connect the position indicator pot
to the shaft, it could be the same failure.  Sorry, but you'll "have to
yank the rotor out of (your) tower."

>Also, the control box "Preset" switch will not function.

That did not play into my trouble.
There is no preset function on the Yaesu G-450XL.

Good luck.  "Antenna Season" is fast coming to a close.  HI!HI!
73
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones     | W3DHJ      | W3DHJ  | http://W3DHJ.net/