[VHFcontesting] Inexpensive 222 Yagi (Re: 222 Sprint

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:25:19 EDT 2016

I highly recommend one of the fine antennas from Terry at Directive Systems http://directivesystems.com/

bill, K1DY

________________________________
From: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting-bounces at contesting.com> on behalf of Peter Laws <plaws0 at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:19 PM
To: VHF Contesting
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Inexpensive 222 Yagi (Re: 222 Sprint

Speaking of 222 ... I've managed to acquire an XV-222 and hope ...
some day ... to actually have it installed at N5UWY.  What is a good
antenna for 222?  I have an ancient Cushcraft (pre-MFJ) A148-10S for
144 that has served me quite well for several years.  Not the best
antenna ever, not even "computer optimized", but adequate for me.  Is
there a similar antenna for 222?  If I knew company names/model
numbers, I could look out on eBay or locally.

Same actually goes for 1296 since I need an antenna for that as well.
I recently picked up a Diamond A430S15 for 432 and I expect similar
adequacy from it as from the Cushcraft.

Adequacy - that's what I strive for!  :-D