[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Two Meter Beacon - C6

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sun Dec 31 01:40:07 EST 2017

FM DX from the Bahamas is fairly common on the East Coast and into the Southeastern United States. I’ve logged high band FM stations from the islands, and have no doubt that propagation on 2 Meters happens often enough to make reception possible. Tropo into Florida and meteor scatter are also possibilities.

I’d love to see a CW and WSJT beacon placed on the islands full time. Certainly, I’d leave a receiver tuned to the frequency a lot of days and nights to try for it.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”