[VHFcontesting] Inline 2m Bandpass Filter

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 22:36:47 EST 2017

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far, a lot of ideas to read through.

I have two purposes for the filter. I work some of the vhf+ contests with a
friend as a multi op station. We've run into some issues with noise from
the other stations. When roving, the 432 and 222 stations both clobbered
2m. We dropped a 6m filter on that station and diplexer and triplexer
respectively on 70/222. This weekend's contest worked much better, but I
got noise from 6m this time instead. It may be that a 6/2 diplexer is just
the thing.

I'm also putting together a weak signal station for MS. I'm less concerned
about power for this one because it'll be in the rx line before the preamp.

I'm not opposed to buying 2 things if it makes sense, especially as I'm
unsure if I'll need the filter on ms or not.

Sean WA1TE