[VHFcontesting] Any other rovers running MSK144

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Jan 23 16:11:07 EST 2017

Hi:

I confirmed basic MSK144 functionality before the contest at my home station.   That being said I encountered issues sending my full VE7AFZ/R call with WSJT-X during the contest.

Taking another look at WSJT-X this morning I can send CQ VE7AFZ/R CN89

But the default RRR message seems to truncate the /R

I was able to work around this during my single MSK144 qso during the contest by using the free message function but I would be curious in hearing from other rovers who are running WSJT-X.

I've also done some testing this morning with two sets of radios and computers this morning and it appears that a station responding to my CQ will also truncated the /R when replying by clicking on my CQ in the "band activity" window.

I'd also be curious in hearing from those who worked rover stations using MSK144 during the contest.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ