[VHFcontesting] North-West FN41 VHF Rover Sites

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:23:42 EDT 2017

As the September VHF contest grows ever nearer, we're starting to plan our
rove. We'd love to find a spot near I-395 in CT or in the NW corner of RI
in FN41. Most of the places we find are pretty populated. We've got a few
FN41 spots further South, but we're intending on ending the 'test in FN41
and the closer we can stay North in the grid the better, the sites we know
of are pretty far South or out on the cape. Something in general along the
Eastern side of CT may not be terrible either.

We're also debating just not stopping in 41 and running mobile straight
through to 51. Ending in 51 isn't great for us because of the amount of
travel time back home in FN42, but it might give us a nice end of contest
boost as people hunt for those last few mults.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you on the bottom 4 bands in
September.

Sean Waite, WA1TE (K1SIG/R)