[VHFcontesting] 6m JT65 at -1

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:51:36 EDT 2017

Can someone please explain the logic of people staying on JT65 when they
get reports of -1?  When I was in C6 a month ago, when ever JT65 signal
reports were in the single digits, the band was usually open on CW/SSB
where more QSOs are possible in a shorter amount of time.

As I write this, there are Caribbean stations getting -1's from EU/EA8, and
I presume the band is open on analog modes.

Maybe FT8 will shorten things up enough where it may make sense to stay
digital?

Kenny K2KW