[VHFcontesting] WA3PTV/r Rover Contest Locations

Joe ptvjoe at pa.net
Mon Jun 5 11:48:23 EDT 2017

WA3PTV/r plans for VHF contest 10-12 June 17

I will be changing up the grids I plan on visiting this weekend.

3 grids instead of 4

FN10ca	 2PM till  @ 7 to 8:30 PM Saturday

FN00wc	8 AM - @ 1PM Sunday morning
FM19aw	2:15 PM till @ 7 to 8 PM ( depending on activity)

50 MHz  through 3.4 Ghz.

5.7 and 10.3 Ghz for local contacts.
Will be using horn antennas( 10 and 17 DB gain) for these two bands mounted
in back of PU truck. Will be pointed out through Fiberglass camper cap.
The azimuth range of movement is limited to @ 80-90 degrees. Directional
coverage will depend on the direction the PU truck is pointed.

This arrangement worked fair last September 2016.
Getting tougher on my knees to haul out, setup, and tear down these two MW
bands.

73's
WA3PTV/r Joe